Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Saturday 31 January 2009

Tax Nightmare

Okay so I haven't earned any money this year, BUT I still have to fill in a self assessment tax form. And because I'm so useless (plus the fact that I have a six month old who never sleeps) I am doing it now, with hours to spare. Guess what? I can't log on. This is very annoying, especially because the helpline is experiencing unusually high levels of demand. Oh dear. Please pray/send positive vibes in the direction of my tax dealings; I sooooo don't want to owe the nasty tax people £100.

On a more positive note, I have given up the battle to not wean Will for another couple of weeks (he is now 24 weeks) and he has today happily munched upon banana and toast. I would have loved to wait until 26 weeks but he was screaming at us every mealtime and giving him a banana/slice of toast today resulted in one very happy baby. Now I'm just waiting for all the questions as to why we aren't pureeing/spoon-feeding. Oh the joys of being 'different'.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jo

5 comments:

Jackie said...

We have a tax nightmare too. We asked for our activation code weeks ago, and have been repeatedly assured that it has been sent,but we have not received it, meaning that we will be fined £100.
We have been told we can appeal (ooh thanks!) but it is so not our fault!
Have you used the online system before, and been given a URN and activation key, which are now not working? If so, you may be able to appeal.
Jackie

Mam said...

That happened to me ... the weaning early thing I mean. My youngest grabbed my sandwich at about 24 weeks and stuffed it in her mouth at which point I gave in. We did baby led weaning too and now I ahve to stop myself being to one with all the comments when I see other mums spooning slop into their babies! Oh I did cheat for a little while and use slop in the mornings though - I had the school run back then and she's eat it *fast* rather than me having to hang about checking her for choking with something solid. Enjoy your weaning - sounds like the baby certainly is :-)

joc4jesus said...

Thanks Jackie; that is my problem about the activation code which doesn't work so I will definitely appeal. I only have to put zeros in atm but I have been looking at Etsy shops and I feel very tempted to start one up.

joc4jesus said...

Hey I know what you mean about the spoon feeding thing. I find that I have to bite my lip about loads of stuff like that. I hate seeing babies in disposables for instance. I could be a right bossy cow if I let myself. For now I just have to bite my tongue whilst my rellies tear apart my deeply held beliefs,... again. Lol!!

Claire said...

Don't worry, Sophie is munching on rice cakes and cucumber. Amazing the difference in temperament it makes, especially when I'm trying to cook!