Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Monday 5 January 2009

Digging

Today I was digging compost with my lovely friend Wendy at her smallholding. It had snowed and the fresh air, crisp blue skies and hard work was pure balm for the soul. My children, however, got rather wet playing snowball fights and then complained that they were cold and wanted to return indoors. I really want to make outdoor types of these boys. I walk them alot but obviously not enough. They need toughening up. It's a good job Wendy's invited us back every Monday to work on her smallholding. I can't wait. Not sure the boys feel the same though. Oh well....

Epiphay tomorrow. Cue special dinner with Kings cake, reading Baboushka and abridged version of Twelfth Night, Kings arriving at the nativity and taking down the decorations whilst watching our last Christmas movie of the season, not sure what yet. I will miss Christmas but there are the delights of spring to look forward to,... and lots of digging.

3 comments:

Mam said...

Happy Epiphany! My children are similar to yours, at winter home ed meet ups in the woods they are the ones crying because it's cold whereas the others don't seem to notice. We live near some spectacular coastline and walking is the main way I ahve to keep us all fit now they're not in school, especially since they all hate organised sport, but they whinge lots at this time of year. So no answers just lots of empathy!

joc4jesus said...

Oh well at least it's not just mine. Lol!!

Wendy said...

Thanks Jo - you were such an encouragement!! So glad you enjoyed yourself.