Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Wednesday 21 January 2009

London

Well, I haven't managed to upload any pics yet but I just wanted to announce my return to the land of blogging and share news of my lovely trip to London. We had a fab time. We went to The Tower of London, The Charles Dickens House Museum, The Museum of London and The London Transport Museum. We also saw the changing of the guards (very fabulous; never seen it before) and spent lots of time feeding the wildlife in St James' Park. As for our own dietary needs; we spent alot of time in Pizza Hut exchanging half price meal vouchers. We also found a fab Thai vegan restaurant which had a buffet deal for £6.50 per head. We are now well and truly stoney broke but it was well worth it.

I couldn't say that I enjoyed any one thing more than anything else, except to say that the Museum of London is fabulous and very un-touristy (also free which is always good). My boys liked the Transport Museum the best and had a fabulous time playing on Tube train simulators and pretending to drive London buses. The highlight for me, though, was son no. 1's affinity with the wildlife in St James' Park. He had the squirrels climbing on his lap and arms taking peanuts from him; of course, we had to go and feed them everyday and I am sure that this will now become a London tradition. It was lovely to see and he now says that he wants to be a zookeeper. To be honest it's a good job he doesn't want to be a historian as he was totally freaked by the actress in Roman dress who was roleplaying in the Museum of London; he thought she was a ghost or something, he was so convinced that she was a real Roman. Lol.

Glad to be back; pics to follow.

Jo

1 comment:

Mam said...

Tagged you with a meme, Jo, go check out my blog. Hazel xx