Today is New Year's Day. We had a late brunch of veggie sausages, beans, fried tomatoes and bread and butter. Not very healthy but just what we needed after staying up 'til midnight with friends last night. We then dusted off our wellies and headed to Crome Park in Pershore for a spot of walking. It was beautiful, being adorned with a frosting of silver. The lake was mostly frozen over and the boys enjoyed throwing stones and sticks onto the surface and seeing how far they could skim them. Hot chocolate and shortbread in the cafe afterwards were a welcome treat.
I've been reading other people's blogs about their aims and resolutions for next year, which has got me pondering. And pondering has left me with the following conclusions:
- I want to be more organised, particularly in the way of home management. Last year we went out to so many home ed meetings that the housework totally went by the wayside and we are now reaping the consequences of a terribly untidy house.
- I want my life to be more home based, although I am rather worried about the cost to the boys in terms of lack of socialisation.
- I want to focus our education on the rhythm of the year, the seasons, festivals and church calendar. I've ordered this book from Amazon to help me http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0899424945 .
- I want to improve G's handwriting and grammar by giving him purposeful reasons to write.
- I want to try to improve both boys' obedience (not great at present) in a gentle encouraging manner.
- I'd like ds2 to begin to engage in more sitting at the table activities.
- I want to be more consistent in my Bble and prayer times.
- I want to sew, knit, crochet, embroider and papercraft more.
I'm sure I'll think of more but for now I have a very cranky 5 month old to feed.