Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Epiphany Undone






Well I don't know whether it was tiredness, awkwardness or the fact that Wills had his affectionately titled jibby jabbies today, but my beautiful crescendo to the Christmas season collapsed in a heap at the bottom of the Christmas tree along with my hypo children. We did manage to spend some craft time making wise men to accompany our nativity. We sang We Three Kings (the silly AND not so silly versions both) and we had a special family meal, topped off with King cake. But all this was punctuated by major silliness, fighting and Mummy shouting. I am trying not to be too hard on myself, or too disappointed. I worry, though, that what they will remember about today is my shrieking at ds2 (3) for playing rugby with some baby bottles waiting by the door to be Freecycled, or our brief discussion at the dinner table that we too need to seek Christ, not on camels or following stars, but in our hearts. I get it wrong so many times. Thank goodness for grace and the promise of sanctification.


I am very sad to see Christmas end; it is my most favourite time of the year. Even ds1, a sensitive soul, aged 7, said today: I will miss Christmas; it's such a joyful time Mummy, I wish it didn't have to end. Of course life has to be punctuated with sorrow, or even mundanity, but keeping that joy alive, bringing it into our every day life is, to me, what home schooling is all about. I just need to try to do it in his strength and not mine.


Blessings

Jo

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Praise God for rest, sleep, and starting over again, Jo!
Think of it like this - even the Kings had a long slog home (AND they had to take the scenic route!)
Jackie
x

joc4jesus said...

Lol! Good point, but at least they didn't have the untidiest three year old in the whole world to deal with. I am in hiding right now 'cos it's such a mess down there. I am sooooooooooo close to sending him to nursery atm. He hust randomly picks things up and throws them about. And trying to get HIM to tidy is so exhausting. I am feeling v. dowhearted about HE today. Sorry for the moan.
Jo

Claire said...

Jo, you've got plenty of time to have a tidy house, when the boys are older. Just think, at least it shows that they are enjoying themselves, and you are giving them so much of your time and love, they really are very fortunate to be blessed with such loving parents.