Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Sunday 5 April 2009

Palm Sunday




I love Palm Sunday and the build up to Easter. Almost as much as I love Christmas, in fact. Maybe more, actually. Anyway, last night we made a fab Palm cross from The Children's Year book, although with paper cockerel and sun due to time and energy constraints. We managed not to eat all the sweets and raisins and strung some of them on to the branches. There were even a few left in a basket to hand out as treats at church, along with some paper palm branches ds2 and I made this morning. It was wonderful. Of course, the response at church is that people think we're completely bonkers but never mind.


Tonight we went to a Palm Sunday celebration service in Worcester and heard Robin Oake speak about the death of his son and the need for forgiveness. It was awesome; I totally admire that family. It makes me feel terrible that earlier in the day I got upset about someone being a little derisive about our Palm Sunday treats. He told a brilliant joke which brings it home wonderfully:


What is a custard Christian?


One that gets upset about little trifles.


Lol. Definitely me. Something to pray about and work on with the Lord's help methinks.

3 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Our Church think we're bonkers too. :)

It's kind of fun actually, the entertainment of watching folks disapprove of me on my own terms, for things I would do whether or not anybody cared. ;) Not that I actually BAIT them. Not as such... Have I mentioned I'm not really a "nice" person...?

joc4jesus said...

Lol Sarah! I think you are a nice person. I find it quite hard not fitting in. What makes Christianity so middle class when Jesus was sooooooooo UN-middle-class?!?! We are often seen as just oddbods at church and the fact that we don't really have stuff is seen as very wierd. I have to say that the only church place I ever feel really at home is Greenbelt.

arwen_tiw said...

Our Church family is very conservative and Anglican and there aren't many children - we raise a few eyebrows most of the time. It is hard, feeling that we *have* this family, but we don't really *belong* anywhere... Maybe my expectations for what human beings can achieve is too high eh?