Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Frustration

I gave DS1 his Home Ed ideas book today. He was thrilled and immediately got to work on writing down some ideas. The main one was to do a project on Lego history. So we all came upstairs into our bedroom (where the computer with internet access is) so that he could do some research. I brought card, glue, sequins and pens for DS2, planning to make an Easter garland to hang up as part of our Easter decorations. That was about an hour ago. And where are they now. Off,... playing. To be fair, DS1 is building something to do with the Easter story in Lego for the season table. DS2 is making a mess. I have made eggs, crosses and flowers for our garland which I really enjoyed. WHY can't they join in????? It is sooooo difficult. I know boys don't like doing crafts so much as girls, but I wish they would last longer than 10 minutes. As for the internet research, he printed out one picture and then watched this, which is very funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVrIyEu6h_E
Hoping for a better afternoon.
Jo

1 comment:

ambersun said...

Hi from Australia

I loved your last two posts.

Palm Sunday is, I think, a lovely day - full of celebration and gentleness.

Re this post. I used to work at a boys school as a teacher. I found they learn differently to girls and women (and that means of course me).

I would prepare what I thought were interesting and creative lessons. They wanted logic and structure.

All the best with it all.

God Bless

Amber