Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Sunday 22 February 2009

Nappy Heaven




We are in nappy heaven since we have discovered wool wraps. And knitting heaven too. Pictured below is my dearest Will with the soaker that got me started; an easy peasy pattern from The Children's Year. It is now lanolised thanks to Carley at Bibs n Bots and is fantastic; I change his nappy so much more often now as I am aware almost immediately when he is wet or soiled and consequently he is so much more comfortable. See also my longies in production, using fabulous Kaffe Fassett wool from Rowan. I am truly a wool convert.

Jo x

2 comments:

Mam said...

Awww that's really cute! I've used wool and found it great for sensitive skin, it doesn't go all red like under plastic wraps, but I've never knitted them ... my skills in that department stop at scarves!

I am thinking of attempting to knit ipod socks to sell for a fiver at church fayres and things after seeing the equivalent of my toddler's outgrown odd socks up for sale for EIGHTEEN QUID in various shops that sell Apple stuff ... outrageous!! Or maybe I could even just decorate said outgrown socks and flog 'em ... I could sew little sequins on them and things. Wonder if my church teenagers would like them? ;-)

Hazel xx

joc4jesus said...

The ipod socks thing sounds great. You could crochet some funky flowers for the girly ones; that would be cool.
Jo