Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Friday 12 February 2010

Slow Cooker

I just wanted to say, for the record, how much I love my slow cooker. Made vegetable dahl today to take to my sister's tomorrow as she doesn't really do vegan catering, bless her (who does?). I've had to do minimal actual cooking in order to prepare this tasty dish. Just a bit of chopping here, a sprinkle of spices there and a temperature adjustment or two along the way. Marvellous. Trouble is, I'm really good at making anything with lentils in it, but not so good at anything else. LOL. All slow cooker tips greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

Pippa said...

Slow cookers are brilliant! I love it when you can smell dinner being cooked throughout the afternoon while doing some sewing without having to keep stirring or checking. It's almost like having someone make dinner for you!

Can't believe you only have nine weeks to go, how exciting!! Lovely (albeit tiring) part of pregnancy!

Jackie said...

oh I love my slow cooker too. Didn't realise you guys were vegan. Have you tried solar cooking in the summer (if we ever get one?) the nicest vegan meals I ever tasted were cooked slowly in the sun. yum

(btw we're omnivores, but have veggie and vegan meals too cos we like them :D )

joc4jesus said...

Mmm solar cooking, that sounds yum. And sewing whilst cooking sounds even yummier. Sometimes it's the simplest pleasures in life which bring the most joy.

Leah said...

I LOVE my slow cooker Jo, don't know what I'd do without it...