Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Candlemas




































We had a lovely day today celebrating Candlemas. We started off this morning reading the story of Jesus' dedication in the temple and relating it to the annual blessing of church candles because He is the light of the world. This afternoon we made lemon cakes and cookies as celebration desserts, and painted empty glass jars for our candle table centrepiece. A lovely day. I sooo love the rhythm of celebrating feast days and festivals. Now looking forward to St Valentine's Day, especially as I bought some bargain heart shaped cake tins for £1.20 each yesterday. Too many cakes though; not really great for my expanding figure. Lol!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so lovely, and so much better than the ridicuous Groundhog Day we celebrate (and I use the term loosely) here in the States. Your photos are gorgeous. I'm opting for Candlemas next year!

Susie said...

I love your candles, so beautiful. What a lovely day you've had :-)