Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Monday 7 February 2011

My Weight Loss Plan




I have been inspired by Amanda over at Christian Homemaking to blog about my weight loss programme. I am hugely overweight at this time in my life. I weigh 15 stone and 12 pounds as of last Saturday, and my goal weight is 10 stone. That is a massive 5 stone, 12 pounds to lose. So,... where to start?

I am following the Slimming World food combining plan, using second hand resources bought from Ebay. I can't afford to attend a weekly slimming club so this is the next best thing for me. I find the diet fairly easy to stick to as you can eat quite a lot so I am never hungry.

In addition to my eating plan, I am also doing daily exercise. I am using a combination of Wii Active, Wii Fit and Rosemary Conley dvds to achieve my goal of half an hour daily, excluding Sunday. I don't often feel like getting up in the morning to do it but I force myself and always feel the better for it. After three weeks I can already feel the difference. I have lost 11lbs and feel more toned and much fitter. I am also going to keep a track of my waist measurement as I think this will be a good guide as to how I am doing; my middle is definitely my problem area.
The challenge in all of this is to keep first things first. Why do I want to lose weight? To be fit and healthy and therefore more able to serve my family. And to keep a youthful physique for my hubby. Please pray for me that I can keep my weightloss focused on these motivations. It is too easy for me to use my body to gain attention, or engage in a one-upmanship with other women due to a lack of self esteem. I think the most important thing, through all of it, is to pay as much (probably more) attention to my soul as my body. It is of no use being super fit on the outside when one is inwardly waning away due to lack of exercise of the spiritual muscles. Jesus speaks of such people as like 'whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside bu on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.' Matthew 23:27 God has to be God in my life; no diet or fitness programme can ever take his place. And my sanctification is worth more than shedding a few pounds. So, yes, I am determined to achieve my goals, but they extend much farther than the weighing scales.
I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
Philippians 3: 14 NLT

5 comments:

Sarah D said...

Wow Jo - you're doing fab, you encourage me - I lost 3 stone after baby number 4 but have put it all back on (plus more) with number 5 :-( I really need to exercise again but finding time and motivation are my killers lol
Keep going - I won't recognise you soon hehe xx

Nicky said...

well done for the 11lb already lost!

Esther said...

11lbs over 3 weeks is amazing! Well done! You can do it! Focus on the little steps in getting there, rather than the over-all long-term goal which can seem really daunting (well, it did to me! had to keep my goals small and more immediate!. Ex

Unknown said...

Greetings,
If you're interested in homeschooling, courtship, quiverfull issues, child-raising, politics, and spiritual inspiration, try a free, no obligation issue of SALT Magazine. If you haven't tried SALT yet, all we need is a name and mailing address to send you a free issue. Or, you can check out our website (saltmagazine.com) and sign up for a free issue online.
- In the Vine, Jim & Cindy

Anna said...

Hi Jo
Well done for losing 11lb thats awesome!!
I know how hard it is as Ive put on so much throughout the 5 pregnancies, and struggling not to put on loads again :-( Think my body stores fat if I simply look at food. My problems with food stem alot deeper, but you have great determination so Im sure you will reach your goal with Gods help.
Bless you xxx