Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Sunday 6 February 2011

Husband Appreciation




I am currently partaking in Revive Our Hearts' 30 Husband Appreciation Study. Recently some things have occured in my online community which bring home the startling reality of what an awesome bloke I married. It shouldn't therefore be that hard to appreciate my lovely man, and yet, how often do I take him for granted?! One of the tasks on my Husband Appreciation Study is to publically state my appreciation for him. And what better place to do that than here.

I appreciate my lovely Phil because (in no particular order):
  1. He is easy on the eye (shallow but true - in my eyes anyway)



  2. He is an awesome provider and works sooo hard for his family



  3. He always puts us first; he almost never buys anything for himself but makes sure that we are all okay



  4. He loves me wholeheartedly and without condition



  5. He loves God more



  6. He is our spiritual leader and leads us in Bible time and prayer every evening



  7. He is a great dad



  8. He married a size ten and ended up with a significantly larger lady; but he doesn't care (I do though and am on a weight loss plan - you'll hear more about that in forthcoming posts)



  9. He is really good fun and always makes me laugh



  10. He has amazing integrity



  11. He loves my cooking



  12. He is happy to live in a house filled with floral fabrics and crocheted throws



  13. He likes simple pleasures



  14. He likes animals



  15. He is kind and generous



  16. He compliments me, both to me and to others



  17. He ensures that the children respect me



  18. He would lay down his life for me or any of the children



  19. He is physically tender and caring



  20. He encourages my creativity and homemaking



  21. I could go on.....

No-one is perfect and Phil has his flaws, just like everyone else but I truly believe that he is my soul mate and that God brought us together. Although I value opportunities to let dh know how much I appreciate him, the most important thing that I can do for him as his wife is not to appreciate him but to pray for him. I believe that prayer changes everything. We've not always had such a good relationship as we have now, but through prayer and commitment we have come through. God is a great redeemer and I believe that all things are possible through him. I have a great husband but, more importantly, I have a great saviour. Great husbands might be a bit thin on the ground sometimes, but our Saviour is forever with us. Fully reliable and always available. What a man!!!!

I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Hebrews 13:5

3 comments:

mummy2four said...

That's so lovely Jo, it sounds like you have a wonderful man xx

Nicky said...

a beautiful tribute to who sounds and appears to be a top class all round bloke. x

Esther said...

Wow, what a man you have been blessed with Jo!