Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Saturday 31 July 2010

New Title

So I've given my blog a new title. I decided that it more aptly described what I want to do with this blog than 'Jo's Boys'. The blog will continue to be about my boys, with photos for all you lovely rellies and friends who call in to see how we are getting on. However, I really want to focus on the joys and difficulties of being a first generation Christian mother. I have not had an easy past. I did not know God until I was in my early twenties and my life previous to that time was far from Godly. This has left me with many issues and struggles as I walk with faith the path God has given me in raising my mighty boys of God. I am a pioneer. The landscape is unfamiliar, and sometimes even dangerous. Our journey is tiring and full of apprehension. And yet there is hope. Our God is the great redeemer. Wisdom and understanding is bountiful in his word. His spirit guides and helps us. What an adventure. I hope you will share it with us.
Ed is always ready for an adventure.

4 comments:

Pippa said...

Yay! I was wondering if you were all ok, lovely to see you back!

I'm still on my spiritual journey I think. Mine was a pretty anti-religious background and yet as a child I was drawn very much to the security of the church, the rituals and rememberence. There have been times in my life when I needed that, one occasion when I biked two miles to the local church, when I was in a time of real crisis, only to find the door locked, but I know there IS a higher love there, only not sure for me, that it resides in a formal church.

Most of my father's side of the family are very regular practicing Christians and are such lovely people and I do envy the love that surrounds their life and keeps them all together and I wish I had something like that in my life, to support me when life is frightening and cruel, something to make sense of it all if you like.

So, I will enjoy your blog and seeing what you and your lovely family get up tod and I'm glad you're back in blogland again. xxxxx

Franbles said...

I like the new title. Keep on keeping on! The Lord will never give you too much to handle at any one time. I feel as though He does sometimes, but thus far He's never let me down!
God bless you!
Sarah

Sarah D said...

I'm excited about reading your blog - I love honest down to earth blogs where I don't just feel like everyone else has got it together and I haven't lol - although I'm not a pioneer first generation christian I am a first generation in understanding the importance and high calling of motherhood
love Sarah xx

joc4jesus said...

Thank you for your lovely positive comments ladies.
Jo